Pages

"Life isn't about finding yourself... it's about creating yourself."

Sunday, May 22, 2011

weekend recap... and last weekend living in Boston!

So this weekend started with my graduation (see post below) - and of course I waited til the morning of to buy a dress for graduation. I have a closet full of dresses (like so full that there are 2 dresses per hanger - I know!- but it's the only way they fit, I have an obsession). However, I felt that Graduation Day deserved it's own dress, or I did...whichever.  I ended up buying a long patterned dress, but I also picked up this cute yellow dress. Yellow is slowly creeping up there with blue as my favorite color. It is so cheery, and makes me feel summery to wear it. Can one "feel summery"? Well I do!





 We took a stroll through Brighton Saturday morning to do our laundry, run some errands, and breakfast at Cafenation of course. We both got savory crepes: Mike got the nutella & banana and I got chicken, cheddar, and broccoli. Mmmm!
 When we got home we decided that we would try to sell some of our stuff that we were going to end up throwing away or donating. I laid out some blankets on the corner, had some music, ice tea, and had Tina Fey's Bossypants in hand.  I didn't mind it at all, I got to be outside, read, and people watch - a few of my favorite things! I even got some sun (by this I mean my freckles quadrupled) And we made $50!

 So we spent it on tapas and sangria at Tasca's with friends! Yay!

 And my friends Charlotte & Rob surprised me with tiramisu birthday/congrats cake!
So sweet!




This morning I went to watch Mike play street hockey. He plays in a league that plays Sunday mornings. Usually I am still snoring in bed when he creeps out to his games, but this morning I wanted to go not only because it is our last Sunday in Cambridge, but because I wanted to support him! I watched the game....as well as people-watched in the park and froze my ars off! I have no idea how I went from a tank top and shorts catching sun yesterday to being in a jacket and shivering this morning... oh New England! 

We spent the rest of today packing, and we are almost ready for our move. I got rid of a lot of junk and clothes! Well, I am going to give them to my sisters and whatever they don't want I am going to donate! 

So that's my weekend in a nutshell... hope you had a good one too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment