Pages

"Life isn't about finding yourself... it's about creating yourself."

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

summer goals



I love this idea... inspired by Danielle at SometimesSweet, my current most favoritest blog.

Here is a list of my top 10 summer goals:
(I am glad I am writing this, so I can look back and remember what they are!)

1. Ride my bike... everywhere!
2. Take a road trip someplace new.
3. Read 5 books - For most people I know this wouldn't be hard, but for me it is so much easier to read trashy magazines and enjoy frozen drinks on the beach rather than dive into a book. And I LOVE books! So far on my list: Bossypants by Tina Fey, House Rules and The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Feel free to leave me a recommendation!
4. love love love love love (Mike snuck this in here while I was away from the computer - too cute... had to leave it.)
5. Continue to exercise, even if it's "too hot". I will walk on my treadmill, take walks around the neighborhood with my mama, swim in the pool, take a bike ride, play catch in the front yard with mike.... I WILL STAY MOTIVATED!
6. Get rid of the negativity in my life. Whether it is the thoughts inside my head, or a certain person I don't need to keep in contact with... I want to surround myself with positivity!
7. Learn how to sew! (and knit in the winter - I'm getting ahead of myself!)
8. DO MORE YOGA! There is apparently a great yoga/pilates studio in the center of town... I am definitely going to check it out!
9. Dance at shows! Let loose a little more, and care a little less about what people think. I love music, I feel that I can define moments in my life by a certain song, or a certain band. There are songs that take me back to certain points in my life... happy or sad, fun or heartbreaking. To me, music is much life photographs... because they bring you back. I love that feeling!
10. Learn to cook new things! I love being in the kitchen, getting messy, making something absolutely delicious. I need to venture out of my comfort zone though and expand my cooking tricks. Moving back home will help with that, cause my mama is a nasty cook! (Nasty in a good way - duh!)

What are your summer goals?
:)

1 comment:

  1. If you come and visit I will teach you how to sew! And you can check of the road trip because we can visit somewhere together!

    Love your positivity goal too :)

    ReplyDelete