Pages

"Life isn't about finding yourself... it's about creating yourself."

Sunday, December 4, 2011

i carry your heart

i carry your heart with me [i carry it in
my heart] i am never without it
anywhere i go you go, my dear;
and whatever is done by only me
 is your doing, my darling
i fear no fate [for you are my fate, my sweet]
i want no world [for beautiful you are my world, my true]
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you


here is the deepest secret nobody knows
[here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide]
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart


i carry your heart [i carry it in my heart]

e.e.cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment