Pages

"Life isn't about finding yourself... it's about creating yourself."

Sunday, January 29, 2012

days like today

I laid in bed this morning thinking, I am awake, but I could roll over and pull up the covers and sleep for a few more hours. But that never happens. Once I wake up, and my mind starts going... it doesn't stop. And by nature, I am a planner and a list maker, so my list starts to build in my mind of all the things I need to take care of today.  I ended up texting with a friend and we met at Target and walked around talking and laughing... holding up ridiculous lingerie, people watching and such.  We went out to lunch (which wasn't that good) but I had so much fun just laughing, talking, not rushing to be anywhere or do anything. 

I think that's why I wanted to write this post. We all need to do more of that. I sometimes feel that life is one big race and we are all trying to finish first. But why? We need to live in each of these moments, because once they pass.. they are gone forever. "Enjoy the little things" has been my mantra for years now (hence the name of my blog), cause it's those little things that matter most. Unplanned lunch with a friend, an afternoon drive, the feeling the sun on your face, holding hands, planning a trip, or that look that means "love" without even having to say it. 

I encourage you (as I try to encourage myself) each day to take in all the moments around you, despite life's crazy and sometimes chaotic way. We learn from these moments, we grow from these moments..... we ARE these moments.

Happy week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment