Pages

"Life isn't about finding yourself... it's about creating yourself."

Sunday, September 11, 2011

FOLK ON! (image heavy)

Hello friends! I have been a terrible blogger lately - summer has been so busy! But now that the new school year has started (the beginning of a new year in most teacher's minds) I will get into a better schedule and hopefully blog much more! So let's play catchup from some of my summer adventures!

My favorite weekend this summer had to be our weekend in Newport at the Newport Folk Festival. Mike and I drove down on Friday night and stayed in a little bed an breakfast, the Las Palmas Inn, walking distance to the heart of town.  We enjoyed lobster and margaritas on Friday night at the Barking Crab, and got a good nights sleep for the weekend ahead. It was a beautiful weekend full of: sunshine, music, so many different people, art, crafts, boats, and lots of water (it was a scorcher!) 

All of the bands were amazing, but I am going to list the ones we had the chance to see and really enjoyed. 
Saturday: Gogol Bordello, Gillian Welch, Tegan and Sara, the Felice Brothers, Delta Spirit and The Decemberists.
Sunday: David Wax Museum, Justin Townes Earle, Mountain Man, Brown Bird, Chris Thile and Michael Daves, Secret Sisters, Trampled by Turtles, and the Head and the Heart.

I recommend checking these bands out!
Some photos from the weekend....




























I am already looking forward to this weekend next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment